Today, I have officially been alive for 2 decades. Yep, today is my 20th birthday.
I know I'll probably get a lot of crap for saying this...but I feel OLD.
I know, I know...20 is not old. I am aware of this. But I can't help feeling old. I really can't get away with calling myself a kid anymore, even though there are times when I still feel like I'm 5. Next year I'm going to be living in my first apartment. I'm sending out resumes and cover letters for summer internships. And I'm only 2 1/2 years away from being thrown into the real world.
Plus, next year I turn 21. That's gonna be a real good time, if you catch my drift there :)
Since I've hit kind of a milestone age, I thought I'd make a "20 in 20" list, consisting of 20 things I would like to accomplish during my 20th year of life. I'll put this list on its own tab up there^^ and keep it updated throughout the year.
KATELYN'S 20 IN 20
1. Pull an all-nighter.
2. Go a whole day without makeup.
3. Finish a journal.
4. Land an internship.
5. Do something crazy and out of my comfort zone.
6. Try something new.
7. Lose 10 pounds.
8. Find a boyfriend.
9. Do something spontaneous.
10. Get my blog to 100 followers.
11. Travel somewhere new.
12. Go to a Chicago Cubs game.
13. Actually DO something I've pinned on Pinterest.
14. Buy a new camera and take up photography
15. Go a month without drinking soda.
16. Sing karaoke.
17. Completely unplug for a day.
18. Dance like no one's watching.
19. Get an iPhone.
20. Make my 20th year alive one to remember!!!
***On a side note: Today also marks my 6 month blogiversary! What!?! I cannot believe The Write Direction has been around for that long already. It's amazing to see how far this blog has come in the past 6 months, and I can't wait to see where the next 6 takes it!***